Monday, November 30, 2009

DOWN & BFC ?s

So I weighed today as it is the "official" weigh-in day and it is the lowest yet! 153 even.
This is after 3 gin and diet tonics (and yes, it had bad sweetener in it), 3 slices of supreme pizza, slivers of pumpkin pie and rum cake, spoonfuls of potatoes and sweet potato souffle. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased and the "critical voice" never entered my head.
I am about to leave for work but I did check the boards on the BFC website and people still have questions about portions. I'm surprised by this because I'm sure Jorge has addressed this in one of the earlier videos. Just on the chance that someone reads this, here goes-

meats should be the size of a deck of cards or roughly the size of the palm of your hand

nuts 1/4 c-get health benefits and helps to curb hunger

cheese 1 oz (yes, it costs more but the prepackaged ones really are convenient and travel well)

In the afternoons, I eat a cheese stick and a small palmful of walnuts and drink (2) 16.9 oz bottles of water. If I run out of cheese sticks I make a Jay Robb protein shake with water or "milk alternative" and eat a palmful of walnuts.

Then for dinner I usually eat a wrap or two with a protein, light sprinkle of finely shredded cheese, 1/2 c. spinach and maybe tzatziki or spicy mustard.

The key take away here is nothing is "free", "zero" or "all you can eat" because eventually it all adds up. Too much of anything isn't always good....well, except for peace and love maybe :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment