Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Today has been a good BFC day. I think I've settled into a rhythm and pattern. I have to agree with what others have said...keep it simple. Automate it as much as you can. I've never eaten so much "bread" before. Honestly, I've never craved bread or HAD to have it. I live for the wrap/tortilla now :-)
Fiber, fiber, fiber is the third key element of this lifestyle. Gotta get at least 30 grams in per day. I have found that the best way for me to achieve this is to have Uncle Sam cereal 10 grams of fiber at a 0/2 value with 1/2 to 3/4 c. unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk. Lunch and dinner consist of a protein in a wrap for 12 grams of fiber per wrap and a value of 1/1. I get all my food based carbs in and feel full and have one or two left over so now I don't feel stupid drinking one of my carbs. Tonight I had a wrap with 2 eggs, a sprinkle of finely shredded cheese and 3 strips of turkey bacon and an orange Zevia. I LOVE Zevia. I have a carb left before bed so I am thinking of having a hot chocolate!

Last night there were technical difficulties so class was very late starting. The boards were full of very negative comments. I think if everyone just stepped back and asked, "Is it Jorge's intent to frustrate us and not follow through on the program promises?" they would have answered "No". If they had been in Jorge's shoes, what would be their expectation of us and our behavior?
Where is the patience, compassion and understanding? Isn't that what we desire from others?

No comments:

Post a Comment