Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Party Success

So last night was my husband's union party.  I did well to prepare for it by having a wrap with 3 eggs, 3 slices of Canadian bacon and a sprinkle of cheese.  I ate that around 1130am so it was brunch and by the time 7pm rolled around I was ready to eat!  It was around 730 or 8pm when we hit the buffet and I was really happy with the offerings.  I had a 1/2 cup serving of garlic mashed potatoes, a cup of green beans (they were very crisp and delicious), chicken Marsala and crab stuffed flounder.  I didn't even look at the dessert table but saw from the plates of guests there was chocolate cake, cheese cake, chocolates.....
I had one glass of red wine, brought my Stevia in the Raw and had one iced tea and one cup of coffee.  My husband did have dessert, the chocolate cake, so I sampled a tiny taste.  It was moist and very delicious.  I enjoyed the tiny sample and was pleased to refuse my husband's further offerings. 
This is the only holiday party we attend so I am pleased that it really was a non issue.  Thanks to fellow BFCers who have partied and shared their stories with us.  Their experience helped me and supported me in making good choices and feeling confident in the lifestyle.
Three folks sitting at our table had dessert.  The hotel cut HUGE pieces of cake...they had to have been 3 servings at a minimum....and as they sat there in front of me eating them, all I could think of was the video of red blood cells and sugar and Dr. L's lecture "Sugar: The Bitter Truth".  
Part of me wanted to break out into teacher mode but it wasn't the time or place and I have to say, no one would have believed me anyway.  I do look forward to sharing this information with my family when I go home for Christmas.   
For those still celebrating the holidays with parties and dinners, the best of decision making to you because luck has nothing to do with it.  Control is ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment