Saturday, August 7, 2010

Stress

It's been a while since I've posted.  I have had a rough summer.  The heat here, much like the rest of the East Coast, is unbearable.  Add to that a teenage boy with AS and ODD, a job I hate and the "promised one" no where in sight and limited visits home to Virginia to see my family has made me a stressed out eating mess.  Yesterday I just realized that I'd not taken my probiotics in a week.  I don't get on the scale often but thought I was looking a little fuller in my lower abdominal area and lo and behold-when I got on the scale I wasn't happy with what I saw.  Needless to say, I've not been thoughtfully eating.  Well, that isn't totally true.  I have been very conscious of staying away from candy bars, soda and baked goods even though I've really wanted them.  My carbs are high...I know that and honestly, I don't think the carbs are my weight issue...it's the hidden sugars.  I have gotten weak in my date night dinners and have added dessert in addtion to my "treat" margaritas.  When date night started, I was thrilled to have the margarita and relished it.  Now, with my stress levels and emotions in a negative place, I'm using the 'ritas and dessert as coping mechanisms.  I have also returned to the very bad habit of eating once a day-dinnner.  I've had nothing but coffee for the day more days this past week than I want to admit.
So, this week I began looking for another job in earnest.  I would love to leave this job immediately but unfortunately, it doesn't look like that will happen.  I will continue to plug along and I'm going to make myself a priority.  I have a lot of paperwork to complete by Sunday evening but I also want to take the time to set myself up for success this next week so I don't feel so bad.  I want to iron my clothes and make lunch for the week so I don't have to scramble to get it done in the morning.  I also want to make a large batch of tea-spearmint and a new one that is green tea with ginger, coconut and lemon grass.  Just doing these few simple things, I hope will help with some of the stress next week.  I also intend to use the tracker again until things settle down for me.
Are any of you introverts?  I am and I don't go out of my way to make friends or engage folks in small talk.  However, it has become painfully clear to me that I might need to find a friend who lives within 50 miles of me! :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,
    Just came across your blog link via another website that deals with The Belly Fat Cure. I'm 7 weeks into the program and looking for motivation on the web. Hope you are doing better and have found a new job. Looking forward to seeing you post soon.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete