Saturday, September 8, 2012

Nothing like having your world turned upside down to net 2 pound weight loss

I honestly could go on about this in a rant and I spent half the night writing this post in my head but I'm just too emotional and scattered right now.  Long and short of it is, my husband said he is divorcing me and I know he is having an affair.  I've spent 10 years raising HIS children and taking care of him and this is the thanks I get in return.  I've feared on some level he would do this.....wait for me to raise HIS kids and then get rid of me for a younger model and he has.
It has been hard dealing with this on my own.  I don't want to share with my family because of what stress it will add to them and they have enough already.  I don't have any friends locally and I have to admit that my BFF who moved away in 2007 back to NY has really let me down with this.  I'm at a total loss for what to do and to make matters worse, I don't have the money to go anywhere.  I'm stuck and I hate it.
I've been so out of sorts that it actually took me the better part of 2 days to realize this is the second time he's rejected me and I'm mad at myself for getting into this.
Eh, well, the upside is, I have managed to break 140 pounds and enter the elusive 130s so I might be at my goal weight for my 25th reunion at the end of the month.

8 comments:

  1. I wish that I could offer words that would take away the hurt/anger/pulsing anger...but all I can say is if you need some friends to vent too, you couldn't have come to a better place. Just know that there is a life with someone special out there for you, if you believe! I have several friends who have been through that and are now happier than ever. Being alone is better than being alone with someone in the house that makes you feel "less".
    Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay for your kind words and support.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry that you have to go thru this. I have dealt with this in my past. As Kay said this is a safe place and if you need to talk you can always call me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosalie. Silly me thought that if I waited until I was older to get married, it might offer more stability and security...

      Delete
  3. What a horrible thing for you to be going through! Keep up with us here, we are all 'here' for you. :( Congrats on the weight loss though! 130s are great! I'm aiming for them,too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. Good luck on your "130s" quest!

      Delete
  4. Sending you a big hug! You sound amazing and wonderful and my heart goes out to you <3

    ReplyDelete